November 06, 2007

"Priceless" Ideas from Stampin Up Club!


Last night was our monthly Stampin Up Club and we made a couple terrific projects that I want to share with you. These are both designs that my SU demo got at workshops she attended, so I don't know who to give credit for the original ideas.

The first one is a hinged gift card tin that resembles a purse. The size is approx 3-1/2 x 5". We used the Crop-A-Dile to punch holes in the tin to insert the ribbon for a handle. Then the front was decorated using the "Priceless" set and several punches: 5-petal flower, 1-1/4" circle, 1/2" circle. The corner rounder punch was used on all the edges. { Hot Tip: she bought these gift card tins at Hobby Lobby for 99 cents! } If you're looking for a unique way to give gift cards for the holidays, you may want to try this!

The second project is what I call the "Punch Santa". We used 6 different punches to create this Jolly Ol' Soul! Starting with his face, 1-3/8" circle of blush blossom; his eyes, double circle (black piece behind the eyes); beard & cap fur, scallop circle; nose, mouth and ball on cap, 1/4" circle; moustache, spring flower bouquet (just 2 petals). How super creative is this?!! If I knew who thought of this, I would give them a standing ovation. :) This card is made with a 6 x 6" square folded in half. Some of the gals chose to make a mini scrapbook page instead of the card and they were adorable too. As I'm typing this, I just realized that I have no idea what color this cardstock is. Well, I know it's BLUE, but it isn't a current SU color that I know of. hmmm? Again, we used the "Priceless" set and stamped in real red. There is also a 1/2" wide piece of red cardstock attached along the bottom front. On the right side we punched once again with the "slit" punch and tied the red gingham ribbon through to embellish. I feel like I've been rambling on, so please ask questions if you want to know more and this doesn't make any sense to you. :)

I just printed off the Mojo Monday #10 sketch at "Poetic Artistry" and think that's what I'll use for inspiration tonight. I've got my portable heater going and it's nice and toasty in here. Have a splendid week everyone! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"An inexhaustible good nature is one of the most precious gifts of Heaven, spreading itself like oil over the troubled sea of thought, and keeping the mind smooth and equable in the roughest weather." -Washington Irving

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are just too, too cute!

Portable heater? It's 75 degrees here in Cajun Country! Almost toasty even without a heater! LOL!

Can't wait to see your Monday Mojo Sketch! :-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What wonderful projects! WOW!

Sharon in NE said...

Oh my goodness...look how far behind I got on your blog! I missed so many wonderful things! These projects are great and I also love the quotes. (This Washington Irving one especially.)
Oh Pam...your talent never ceases to amaze me. Especially when combined with Julee's mojo sketch challenges. :D

Tami Bayer said...

Ah, that quote is you, Pam. I love it. Great projects, too :)

Nancy Riley said...

Super cute projects ... just adorable!

Portable heater??? It was something like 98 degrees here in Phoenix this afternoon! Ugghhhh!

Lesa said...

Very cute purse - nice idea with the ribbon handle. The snowman card is adorable and love how he was so creatively punched/pieced together! Looks like you had FUN! :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!