March 29, 2007

{ Three Little Kittens } ~ a Virtual Swap!

This card was made for a "Virtual Swap" at the Stamp Shack hosted by Nancy (directmailscrapper). She sent out the kitty image to several gals that signed up for her swap. I received the image in the mail today and and this is what I came up with! Inside sentiment says: "I Miss You!" (I couldn't think of anything to put on the front that wouldn't take away from this darling image.)


Supply list: colored image with prismacolor pencils/gamsol, Stampin' Up so saffron cardstock, Bo-Bunny Press patterned paper from Shabby Princess collection. Scalloped circle punch sent to me by Annette (buggainok). Rubber stamp-Great Impressions.
Is there anyone else old enough to remember the Mother Goose nursery rhyme "Three Little Kittens"? For some reason this image reminded me of it and I had to google it and read it again. How silly! :)

Three little kittens,They lost their mittens,And they began to cry,
Oh, mother, dear,We sadly fear,Our mittens we have lost.
What! Lost your mittens,You naughty kittens,Then you shall have no pie.
Meow, meow,Then you shall have no pie.
The three little kittens,They found their mittens,
And they began to cry,Oh, mother, dear,See here, see here,Our mittens we have found.
What, found your mittens,Then you're good kittens,And you shall have some pie.
Purr-rr, purr-rr,Then you shall have some pie.
Three little kittens,Put on their mittens,And soon ate up the pie.Oh, mother, dear,We sadly fear,Our mittens we have soiled.
What! Soiled your mittens,You naughty kittens,
And they began to sigh.Meow, meow,And they began to sigh.
The three little kittens,They washed their mittens,And hung them out to dry.
Oh, mother, dear,Do you not hear,Our mittens we have washed?
What! Washed your mittens?Then you're good kittens!
But I smell a rat close by.Meow, meow,We smell a rat close by.

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

So very cute...super layout, stamps and DP!

Suzi said...

Love this card. It looks fabulous!! Of coure I remember the 3 little kittens. I wonder if my kids will remember them? I used to recite it to them when they were little.

doverdi said...

What a cute card. Great choice of layout & colors. I remember hearing that rhyme from my mother everytime I lost my mittens in the winter months. lol.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Your card is wonderful! Love the colors, the patterned paper and your coloring is awesome!

shuggy said...

cute card!! i love the paper.