January 17, 2012

{SSSC150} Sending my Love!


Creating Valentines is just *so* fun! ... especially when you have a terrific sketch for inspiration and a cute little image to work with!   This is a Pure Innocence digital stamp by DigiStampCharacters on Etsy.  The sketch is by Karen Giron at The Sweetest Thing for her Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.




I've used an assortment of Valentine prints from my stash of designer papers.  One of my favorites is the postage theme paper under the button.  It's from a mat pad by Martha Stewart Crafts ~ In Key and Heart.  The little girls dress is paper pieced with the same polka dot paper as in the background.  Since this is a digital stamp, I simply printed an extra image directly on the dp, cut it out and adhered to the main image, which has been colored with Copic markers.


  

It wasn't until I was all done, that I realized I had the layers a little mixed up from the sketch, but it's close! ;)    I'm glad you stopped by and hope you're having a wonderful week so far! 

 


Quote for Today ~
There must be millions of people all over the world who never get any love letters... I could be their leader. ~Charlie Brown

6 comments:

Gail S. said...

So cute, Pam!! I love her polka dotted dress!

Marisa said...

Love kraft and red together and her paper pieced dress is adorable :) Great take on the sketch too!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love the sketch and your card!

CreativeMish said...

Very cute. Her stamps are adorable. I need to get a few more. I love how you pieces the dress. Love the polka dots

Lu Holt said...

This is so cute! I love this stamp. So cute for Valentines Day! I love the paper you used, such a great idea for "sending".

Vicki Burdick said...

so adorable Pam!!! Love that little PI!!