January 02, 2012

Love You to the Core! {More from Unity Stamps}


Goodness!  Three posts in 2 days!  Are you wondering what's come over me?!  ;)  Really, it's all about TIME and having the time to enjoy this wonderfully relaxing hobby of mine.  This long New Year's weekend has been delightful...just doing as I please! 

This card was created especially for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge hosted by Karen Giron.  I her sketches and this one is a keeper!


Don't you just love that big circle that gives focus to your image?  And my image is another UNITY Stamp set I received for Christmas.  This one is titled appropriately To The Core. (Item #IB-JS-160).  A great stamping friend of mine is an Ippity Chick and sells these awesome Unity Stamps via her blog.  So, if you want to order any, please check out Shuggy's Unity Store!  She gives 10% off and a special surprise too!  :)  Gotta love that! 


This card is 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" with lots of layers of coordinating dp from my never ending stash.  Can you tell I paper pieced the apple?  I stamped it on the polka dot dp and cut out the center.  The floral dp has a little glitter in center of flowers that adds some sparkle.


Before I stamped the sentiment, I placed a piece of scotch tape over the word love, stamped it in chocolate chip, took off the tape and used a red marker to color love.  ♥   Can you tell I'm on a button and tag kick lately?  Can't help myself!  ;)

I'm curious how many of you are scrapbookers as well as cardmakers?  I've started a baby scrapbook for my darling granddaughter and will be sharing a few pages with you in the coming weeks.  Stay tuned! 

Now I'm off to watch the Nebraska Cornhuskers play South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl game! 
Go Big Red!!!    (Truth be told, I'll watch it from my stamp room today...in my comfy pants and Husker sweatshirt...Life.  Is.  Good.  :) 

Hugs & Smiles ~
 


Quote for Today ~
You can't wrap love in a box, but you can wrap a person in a hug. ~Author Unknown

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch, Pam. Love the multi-coloured sentiment and the apple is adorable. Glad you have had some time to stamp :) Enjoy the game - hubby is watching it too.

Thanh Vo said...

Fab take on the sketch, Pam! I just love the colours and papers you put together for the card.

Indeed, Life. is. good. :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Game was awful, but love your card! Love the sentiment too!

CreativeMish said...

Oh! I really like this card! I love the colors, I love the paper and I love the stamp! Great use of the sketch!

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card, absolutely everything about it. The image is darling and I love the combination of papers you used and the stitching just ads so much to it. Gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Pam, your card is gorgeous and I'm in awe of your perfect stitching...especially around the circle! Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog...you made my day! Speaking of football games...I stayed up to watch the VT/Michigan game in the Sugar Bowl and was SOOO disappointed that VT lost! Oh well...there's always next year. :-)

Christina said...

Beautiful layering! The stitching is fabulous, too.

Karen Giron said...

Pam! This is delicious! I love the pop of green you've got going on there and the heart in the apple is too cute!