April 19, 2010

I {Heart} SFYTT!


The quote on today's card reads:

Every day
brings a chance for you
to draw in a breath,
kick off your shoes,
and dance.
                             ~ Oprah Winfrey

 

Speaking of kicking off your shoes to DANCE, how appropriate is it that I used Tangerine TANGO cardstock for this card? : )  You all know I have a thing for designer paper and can't seem to get enough of it.  Well, my sweet DIL gave me several sheets for my birthday and these were included.   I'm not normally a big fan of orange, but I do like Tangerine Tango and was happy to see it will be one of the new Stampin' Up! core colors in the Brights Collection.

This unique layout is from Jen del Muro's Sketch for You to Try.   I tucked the cardstock with the sentiment under the scalloped border and zig zag stitched the edge.  The felt flowers are from Stampin' Up! and I was lucky enough to find a turquoise button in my button jar.   I've had this spool of ribbon for ages and never found a use for it . . . until today!  :)   Love it when that happens!   

Just in case you want a glimpse of the inside . . .

I've left the inside blank for now.  The flower on the bottom is punched out so the tangerine tango shows through and then I used a smaller felt flower and orange brad for the center. 

What do you think of the colors?  If this was a color challenge, I probably would have run away!  :)

I'm glad you dropped in and I hope you have a WONDERFUL week!  I'll be back tomorrow with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.    And I hope to have some quilt photos to share with you too!  I'm going to attend the local Quilt Guild's annual quilt auction/fundraiser and that should be fun!  

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!
"Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another." ~Author Unknown


Supply List ~ All supplies are Stampin' Up! unless noted.
Stamps:  quote (Verve - Beautiful You)
Ink:  Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Naturals White, designer paper (My Mind's Eye-Bloom & Grow)
Other:  Felt Fusion Flowers, Scallop Trim Border Punch, embroidery thread, ribbon (M's), stitching with Janome Sew Mini

8 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely use of this quote and oh so pretty DP!

Lisa Foster said...

This is so pretty! We must have the same taste! I have this DP and LOVE it..plus I was jumping for joy when I found out Tangerine Tango was coming back to stay! It's just the perfect Orange! Love you lovely card!
Hugs,
Lisa

Gail S. said...

I love Oprah and I love your card!

Marisa said...

Fun DPs and I love the felt flower. Great use of Jen's sketch. I have that same ribbon from Mike's ribbon bin - even have it in a few colours LOL!

Diane Gilbert said...

Pam this is soooo cute!!! I LOVE it!

PamSpradlin said...

I think the card looks great. The colors are perfect together.

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful! Love the cheerful color combo! Fantastic job on the sketch!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis card totally makes me smile! I LOVE the colors!