November 22, 2009

{SSSC45} Sweet Sunday Serene Snowflakes


Today's title is a bit of a tongue twister! :) If you haven't already figured it out, this card was created especially for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge using her wonderful layout below...


This is the first time I've used the new Stampin' Up! set ~ Serene Snowflakes ~ from the Holiday Mini Catalog. Other than this terrific sketch, my inspiration for this card came from an unusual source. Yesterday when I was at the salon getting my hair colored & highlighted, they had it beautifully decorated for Christmas in shades of purple with white trees, garland and glittery snowflakes. I sat there and thought about creating a purple and white snowflake card. :) The colors I've used are two of the new in-colors ~ Rich Razzleberry and Melon Mambo. Aren't they pretty together?

The snowflakes and the sentiment were stamped in Versamark and embossed with white powder. I've used one of the pink rhinestone brads to give my large snowflake some extra glitz. The polka dot ribbon is rich razzleberry.


Serene Snowflakes by Stampin' Up! (115438) $20.95
It's always such a pleasure to participate in these challenges! If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend you do! If you need a little inspiration, just blog on over to Karen's blog The Sweetest Thing and see what she and the Sweet Sunday Stampers have created for your viewing pleasure!

Tomorrow, MW and I leave for Nevada and are *so* looking forward to spending the week at our daughter's home. My sister and her family are flying in from California, so we're going to have a mini family reunion with lots of laughter, food and FUN! :) I think this is the first time in my life that I've ever been out of town for Thanksgiving. I wasn't so sure about traveling during one of the busiest times of year, but we're doing it! :)
I'm planning to create one more card today for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge and will set that up to post automatically while I'm gone.

Wishing you all a very blessed Thanksgiving!
Be sure to eat whatever your heart desires and don't even utter the "d" word. :)

Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U!


Quote for Today ~
Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck

9 comments:

Gayle said...

Have a wonderful holiday Pam!

Vicki Burdick said...

Wowzers Pam this is AWESOME!!!!! I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and have a great time with your daughter and family! Be safe!!!

Unknown said...

pam...this is gorgeous!

Sue from Oregon said...

Pam, this is outstanding!

Cindy Haffner said...

Pam this is so pretty, I love the snowflakes.

Michele Kovack said...

This is really pretty! Love those gorgeous colors!

Gail S. said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Beautiful card :-)

Stamp and Smile said...

OK girl you are enabling me now... I'm on the edge on buying this set, but NOW you did it! Ha... Next months order for-sure... adorable and sweet card! That yummy ribbon is PERFECTION! What an amazing "card artist" you are!

Happy Thanksgiving Pam and wishing your family many blessings through the year! :)

Ronni said...

Great card!