January 22, 2009

My visit to Viva Las Vegas Rubber Stamp Store ~


Have you ever seen anything like this?! :)

On our recent trip to Las Vegas, I convinced my family to allow me a few minutes to check out this famous rubber stamp store I'd heard so much about. It was a bit of a challenge to find it...tucked back in behind a few other buildings, but my "rubber stamp radar" was in high alert and there it was!
The first photo to the left shows the outside entrance door. It's locked. Seriously! I guess rubber stamps are a HOT item in Las Vegas. :) There is a buzzer beside the door and when you ring it, a voice comes over the speaker to open the door. LOL I assume there are cameras above watching my every move and to see if I'm carrying a handbag with $$$ to shop.
Once inside this door, we walked down a hallway to another door where Marilyn Monroe was waiting to greet us. We stepped inside this door and I'm sure that I *gasped* when I saw all the rubber stamps. Oh my, I've never seen THIS many in one store before! I asked the clerk if they would mind if I took a few photos and she said "no problem". Honestly, these don't do it justice...it was unbelievable. I think the owner told me there were approximately 15,000 stamps, but it looked more like a million to me! They do produce there own stamps and he told me he has a substantial online business, with orders from around the world.
If you want to check out the website "Viva Las Vegastamps", it is quite entertaining...with music by none other than ELVIS. :)









My family was very patient with me, but it's difficult for me to shop when I know others are waiting for me. I like to browse and look at EVERYTHING before buying. Believe it or not, I only bought three stamps... one is the Hallmark logo and underneath it says 'eat your heart out'. Another small sentiment stamp says "Stamping makes my world more colorful" or something like that. I can't remember the third one right now. : / {all my stamping supplies are downstairs and I can't get there with this dang broken ankle!}
Next time I'm in Vegas, I will visit there again...with no time restraints! Perhaps I should start saving my $$ now! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Happy Stamping and smiles to you all!
"Shopping is better than sex. If you're not satisfied after shopping you can make an exchange for something you really like." -- Adrienne Gusoff

17 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Holy cow! Thatsalotta' stamps! Glad you had fun, but I know what you mean about trying to shop when people are waiting for you! Next time go back by yourself! :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow, would i love to get alone in that store for 5-6 hours.:)
I bet you all had fun in Las Vegas.

smallcity

Anonymous said...

I forgot, good luck on your surgey on friday. My granddaughter has a cute little doggie like yours named Sammie.

smallcity

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how my heart would race in that store! I almost go into shopping overload at the Impress Stamp store. I just can't make up my mind because there are so many options.

Becky said...

Omigosh! You have landed STRAIGHT in the middle of heaven! You are SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH a lucky dog! Prayers and good thoughts are with you during surgery!

CreativeMish said...

I've been to Vegas a few times and its a good thing I didn't know about this store! WOW! is all I can say :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Rubber stamp heaven!!! I would never be able to make a decision on what to buy!! What fun it would be to spend a day in there.

Anonymous said...

If only I could convince my husband that I need to go there when we go to Vegas in March!
Keep us posted on your ankle.

Gail S. said...

Oh my goodness, Pam! How horrible about your ankle! Hope the surgery went well and you are at home getting better. Stay inside....it is freezing outside, not to mention slick underneath. Looks like you had a great time in Vegas! Never heard of the stamp store there but it looks wonderful.
You are in my thoughts AND my prayers for a quick and painless recovery! Take care.

Gail S.

Nancy Riley said...

Pam, I never knew this store existed! Sounds like a MUST SEE!

Anonymous said...

What a great review of VLVS. I've yet to be to the store but the website is super. The catalog is over 500+ pages & growing.
I've ordered from the website & the service is super, the stamps either mounted or unmounted are well made & there is a great amount with lots of humor.
The confirmation of shipping you get as an E-mail is worth shopping just to get it. They light candles, package your order in revered silence & then throw a parade while taking it to the PO. All tongue in cheek but it is a kick to read it.
I'm glad you included the photos, makes me want to do a roadtrip. I wonder if Stampo allows tents on his front gravel???

Alex said...

WOW!!!!!! That is AMAZING - I don't think I would have ever left! How cool is that??!!! I hope your ankle starts feeling better soon - just saw that you broke it, and I am so sorry to hear that!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to go to Vegas for the STAMPS! Cool review. I really like Brick and Mortar stores because you can see, touch, smell the stamps.
Great job.

Karen said...

Oh my goodness Pam! The last time I was in a store with sooo many stamps was at StampaBarbara in Santa Barbara....when it was still in business! That is a stampers' dream come true!! I've never been to Vegas and it is definitely on DH's and my adult trip list for...one of these days...but, now I'm itching to go even more!! Glad you got to at least visit! :>

SmilynStef said...

How fun ... we just booked a few nights in Vegas for May and I will certainly be checking this out. Thanks for the pictures.

evelyn said...

oh my goodness! guess i'll be there the whole day! *jaws dropped open*

Unknown said...

Wow that is awesome!! Have you ever gone back on another trip?