February 27, 2008

River Rock Color Challenge!

The Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge this week is to use River Rock, Basic Black and Whisper White. Honestly, I don't think I would have participated, but I started seeing all the *gorgeous* cards using this color combo and knew I had to try it too! This is probably the first time I've used River Rock and I *love* the classy look of it with black and white.

Sadly, I was in need of a supply of sympathy cards so that's what I made tonight. This was a very simple card that came together quickly because I used Beate's Weekend Sketch again for the layout. The card is a standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I stamped the front of the card with the linen background stamp and river rock ink. On top of that I layered another piece of river rock stamped with the filigree background stamp.

The sentiment is stamped and embossed on white cardstock that I cut out and embossed with a rectangle Nestibilities die. The flowers are stamped over the sentiment lightly with river rock ink. And can you believe how well this ribbon matches the paper? It's one of those $1.99 spools from Hobby Lobby that I probably bought when they were 50% off. I had no idea at the time that it was "river rock" in disquise! :)

I hope you're all having a great week so far. Thanks so much for stopping by! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~
(inside sentiment stamp) "May you have comfort in each happy memory and in the assurance of Heaven."

Supply List ~
Stamps: Stampin Up - linen background, filigree background, Happy Harmony; My Sentiments Exactly S146-10; Morning Star Stamps-inside sentiment (see quote)
Paper: Stampin Up - basic black, whisper white, river rock
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, clear detailed embossing powder, Stampin Up River Rock
Other: black eyelets, ribbonFX (faux river rock) ribbon, rectangle Nestibilities die

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I can see using this for many occasions.

Alex said...

Very elegant and beautiful Pam! Totally love that ribbon too - what a great find! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tami Bayer said...

this is so classy. Love your layout and color choices and the beautiful sentiments.

Heather Grow said...

Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you had to make sympathy cards. The card turned out beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Sharon in NE said...

Such a lovely card. The inside sentiment is wonderful.

Michele Kovack said...

This is gorgeous!!! It will be appreciated greatly I am sure.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely card. Hope you don't mind if i case it.
smallcity

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Such elegance! Absolutely beautiful!

Jennifer :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Pam, this is simply gorgeous! Yowza!

Nancy Riley said...

Pam, this sympathy card is gorgeous. You nailed the color and sketch challenges ... extremely well done!