February 23, 2008

It "Moose" be an ATC swap!

Ok, you can call me a blog slacker because I haven't posted anything all week, but I really have been busy...and just finished coloring these silly moose images for an ATC swap!

I rarely sign up for swaps anymore, but I do enjoy creating ATC's and Terry {Scrappinuts} at The Stamp Shack convinced me to join her moose ATC swap. My first excuse was that I didn't have any moose rubber stamps, but how could I say no when she offered to stamp and send me the images?! :) This cute little postage stamp moose is by Darcie's Heart & Home Rubber Stamps.
The images were colored in with prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. I have to give you a hint on how I cut these out because it really saved some time with tedious cutting. I used my 1/8 " circle hand punch to punch holes in the 'dips' around the edge. Then I simply cut around the rest! Trust me, it was much easier. After cutting them out, I distressed the edges. And speaking of distressed, I was seriously stumped on what else to do with this ATC. Did I need a saying or sentiment of some kind? I wasn't sure and I could not conjour up any "moose" sayings. So I sorted through my stack of rubber stamps and found "best fishes" in my Stampin Up "Very Punny" set. Not exactly what I had in mind, but all I had! :/

Now, I need to get these packaged up and in the mail to Terry in California. Then, I'll look forward to seeing all the other moose creations. That's the enjoyment of swapping!

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy Stamping & Smiles 2 U! ~ Pam :)

Quote for Today ~
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you get rid of him on weekends." - unknown :)


Supply List ~
Stamps: Darcie's Heart & Home Rubber Stamps, Stampin Up Very Punny
Paper: K&Company - Studio K Blue Distressed Wood , Misc brown patterned paper, SU natural
Ink: versafine onyx black, Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink
Misc: antique brass eyelets, brown brads, linen thread, prismacolor pencils, gamsol

9 comments:

Alex said...

These are totally adorable Pam! They made me smile as soon as I saw them - that moose is stinkin' cute! These will be a HUGE hit - wish I was in this swap! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

pescbrico said...

Pam! They are really beautiful! I wish I had join this swap ... to be able to get it! :) Well done. I love the paper you use for background and the woody blue paper is great... I love everything about it!

Dottie K. said...

OMG these are just so adorable. Thanks for the tip about the circle punch. Great idea. :)

Anonymous said...

Your coloring amazes me.
smallcity

Unknown said...

Pam those ATCs are so adorable, and wonderful. I wish I had entered the swap!
~Marie

Sharon in NE said...

What a cute image! Great job with these and aren't you smart figuring out a short cut to cutting them out.

Anonymous said...

Pam again you amaze me with your creativity...I simple cannot wait to get these... I am so happy you joined my swap...Love everything about them... Terry/scrappinnuts

Thanh Vo said...

Super cute Pam! I wish that I had moose stamps to have been able to go into this swap.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I'm so in love with these, Pam. I can't stop taking my eyes off of them. My nose is pushed right up to the screen. LOL.