January 05, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray! Beate's Back!


Hip Hip Hooray! Beate at Fresh & Fun is back with Weekend Sketch Challenge #29! There are so many wonderful blogs and sketches out there...more than I can keep up with, but I do like to participate in this one!

Have you been following my blog posts this past week? If so, you know that I've been "challenged" to step out of my creative comfort zone and try some new styles. I've done elegant, funky, vintage (oh my!) and the latest request by my sweet DIL Jami at Crazy Daisy Creations is. . . get this...

"URBAN CHIC"!

Do you all know what "Urban Chic" is? I wasn't so sure so I had to google it and find out...

"Urban Chic is all about "Glam"...bright colors, jewels, sparkles, shiny metals, pen outlining, sequins and other sparkles are prominent. The presence of black and white paired with bright colors is practically a must. It often has heavily inked edges and often is on white backgrounds. Some stitching can be spotted in this style. You may also find shiny glass or plastic in nice neat shapes. You may spot minimal doodling and pen out lining, but the Urban Chic is not the do it yourselfer, she would rather add sparkle than doodles. Think big city, bright lights and noise. Think Party Girl. Urban Chic is a fun time!"

So, what do you think? Does this card pass? If nothing else, I've got the black and white and a shiny plastic flower! :) And it was FUN to create! I started with Beate's sketch and then selected my black and white patterned papers. I used the rectangle Nestibilities to cut out and emboss the white piece with the sentiment and the black layer behind it. No stitching on this card, just a few polka dot brads, ribbon, and the plastic flower! Really, a very simple card!

Wishing you all a most splendid weekend! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~
“Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.” ~ Orson Welles

Supplies ~
Stamps: Studio G
Paper: Imaginisce-black tie optional, The Paper Studio - black & white floral, Stampin Up basic black
Ink: Versafine onyx black, clear embossing powder
Other: Making Memories "Sweets" - dimensional flower, The Paper Studio-black & white brads, JoAnn Craft Essentials -black & white polka dot ribbon, rectangle Nestibilities

10 comments:

Jami Speidel said...

You nailed it! Very chic!!!

Anonymous said...

Pam, I LOVE it!
Thanks so much for trying out the sketch! I am glad to be back.
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

I couldn't agree more. It's very chic...and gorgeous!

You are a woman of many talents. I think it's great that you're challenging yourself to come out of your zone. And you're doing a fabulous job at it! :-)

Nancy Riley said...

Yep, you've achieved Urban Chic with this one! GORGEOUS card, Pam! Well done!

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous, I love black and white cards

CreativeMish said...

The card is fabulous! Its hard to get out of the comfort zone! I need to try it :)

Sharon in NE said...

Oh, I LIKE it! Great job!!

Tami Bayer said...

I adore B & W cards. This one is so amazing. Thanks for the education on urban chic. It's just the opposite of my distressed cabin style, and I love it.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how elegant! Love it!

Lesa said...

Perfect! Love the B&W theme and bold flowers. Fab!