November 04, 2007

Laughter & Merriment! { Jen's SFYTT }


Once again I'm using a sketch that I've found on one of my favorite blogs, I{Heart}2Stamp! by Jen del Muro. Isn't this layout terrific? (I say that about them all, don't I? :) Jen calls it her "Sketch for You to Try" (keyword: SFYTT) If you haven't already, you'll definitely want to surf on over to her blog...and you best plan on staying awhile!

For today's card I've used the Holiday Wishes Stax again. I'm in love with these colors and how all the papers coordinate perfectly! There are even some fun chipboard alphas and tags included. (Hobby Lobby 50% off!) You'll notice I did some random stitching on the background layers, instead of simply stitching the edges.

The stamps are from the Hero Arts Clear Design "Laughter & Merriment" set. I've stamped the tree in Stampin Up garden green and embossed it with a detailed clear embossing powder by Stampendous. I like the added shine and dimension that embossing gives the image. I got this great tip from my dear friend Michelle at Stamper's Dream.

This morning I took a few minutes to add several more links to the list of {Blogs I Enjoy}. It's amazing how many there are! It's really a challenge to keep up with them all, but it does help so much with the Google Reader. I've also added links to a few great sites that offer layouts and sketches. You'll want to be sure and check out Card Positioning Systems, Caardvarks, and PageMaps. They are all a wonderful resource!

Yesterday, I received that last circle journal in the mail for the Holiday CJ Swap that I'm in. So, that's what I'm going to work on now...and I think I'll use these same patterned papers again. I may as well, since they're scattered all over my craft table anyway! :)

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. My DH has gone duck hunting and all is quiet here...heavenly! Smiles 2 U, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"Life is more fun when you don't keep score." - unknown

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great card for the sketch ... I love trees made of words and this one is very cool.

Lesa said...

What an awesome card Pam. I could never but you do it with such ease and grace. Bravo!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!! I love it!! Thx for playing!!
Thx for your super kind words, too!! Hugs-Jd

Anonymous said...

again, the beautiful stitching on this card just draws your eye to it. Beautiful job on this card!

Unknown said...

Your mojo is definitely working, girl! Awesome card...and your stitching is just perfect! I need to look for that paper pad...love it!

Sarah Green said...

I just wanted to say that I LOVE your tiny little TAG

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful !!! Love all the stitching and coordinating dp's!

Alex said...

Hi Pam!!! I am FINALLY getting to blog again and thoroughly enjoyed catching up on all your gorgeous creations! This one is no exception, just beautiful, Pam! You rock, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex