October 13, 2007

Hope for Hooters! { Going Pink for Lesa }


What an inspiration she is!

My dear friend Lesa in Massachusetts, an avid rubber stamper and cardmaker, found out in June she has breast cancer. Lesa has had surgery and started her chemo treatments this week. Right now, she's feeling pretty "icky"!

With all this, she still took time to send me this wonderful friendship card. I love this image and how she's colored it so bright and cheerful. Also, she sent this cute M&M bag with the little tag stamped with the symbolic pink ribbon. I especially like the pinback button with the owl that says "Hope for Hooters".

On Lesa's blog, "One Voice, One Life, One Breast Cancer", she shares with candor, her daily emotional journey in the battle against breast cancer. If you have a minute, please visit her blog and leave a few words of encouragment to brighten her day. I know it would mean a great deal to her.

Most of you already know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. There are many excellent informational websites, but the following is one that Lesa mentions on her blog:
"Early Detection and Breast Cancer: What Every Woman Should Know"

My quote for today is the sentiment inside this card from Lesa ~

"Friendships multiply joys and divide grief" ~ Thomas Fuller

Oh, how true! :) God bless you Lesa . . . and all my dear friends! Smiles, Pam :)


What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited.
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot erode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot erode the spirit.
It cannot conquer the soul.
~ unknown


Edited on 10-14-07 to add: Lesa said the outside stamp on her card above is from Inkadinkadoo and the inside sentiment is Impression Obsession.

5 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Lesa is the most amazing woman I've ever 'met'! (HOPE to meet in person!)

You are a pretty cool chick yourself, Ms. Pam! Your blog is and inspiration as well as a place to come for peace and a smile.

God bless you too, my friend!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful gift from Lesa...and what an inspiration. But you, my dear friend, are also an inspiration to us with your sweetness.

Smiles to you!

Tami Bayer said...

Beautiful post, Pam. I am completely awed by Lesa's strength and courage. Thank you for sharing her story with your blog readers...I know you have many. Hugs to you.

Lesa said...

The outside stamp is from Inkadinkadoo and the inside sentiment is Impression Obsession. The M&M bags were made for me by my ladybug friends. Thank you for talking me up. I now feel special and am going to bed to have sweet dreams. LOL I agree - Pam is a wonderful woman! Tada!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.Thank you for sharing her story with your blog readers...