April 04, 2007

{ Altered Card Tin } Made with Aloha!

My daughter Katie in Hawaii likes me to make cards for her to use, so my DIL Jami { Crazy Daisy Creations } and I have altered a tin and filled it with a collection of cards we made. With some candy packed around the tin, it doubled as her Easter basket! :) The other photos show the inside dividers and just one of the cards.

Supplies: Provo Craft tin, Patterned Paper by Creative Imaginations ~ Island Floral & Island Stripes, Chipped Chatter Pressed Petals~ HIP chipboard letters, lots of coordinating ribbon, primas, brads.
Live & Learn Hint: this is the first one I've made and I learned that you should put a layer of mod podge on the tin before attaching the paper. I put the paper on with glue tape and then gave it three coats of mod podge. The paper bubbled doing it this way. I'm telling myself it's OK, but will do it the right way next time! : )











p.s. I thought you might enjoy seeing a photo of Katie with her Dad and I. This was taken in January at the North Shore of Oahu on a perfectly glorious day! Well, every day is a glorious day in Hawaii . . .

5 comments:

Ethel Amutan said...

What an incredibly FUN tin, Pam!

Anonymous said...

mahalos! loved the tin and all the great "aloha" cards...tell jami thanks for me too. you guys have skills!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I'd LOVE an Easter gift like that! It's grogeous! Oh, and I don't know if your paper bubbled because of the tape. My paper still bubbles when I use Mod Podge to attach the paper too! I've heard it's about letting it dry, but I can't seem to stop the bubbling no matter how long I wait for it to dry!

Unknown said...

WOW! I love it! The colors are fabulous!

ronee said...

I am from Hawaii and am lucky enough to be taking my girls home for the summer! The girls and I have not been home in three years! My youngest daughter is about to be four come June. I can't wait. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cards!! I have to go and find me some of that paper!