August 22, 2011

{SSSC 131} A Basket of Sweet Wishes!


Today was hot & humid here in Nebraska, but there have been a few days recently when I actually thought I could feel Autumn in the air.  Once school starts, as it did last week, I'm reminded of trips to the apple orchard and picking those delicious treats!


Today's card was created using one of the newest digital images by Paper Fashions, Etc.  It's called Sweet Wishes and includes the festive basket of delicious apples and the sweet sentiment too!   You can get both images for only $2.95 and they can be resized to meet your creative needs.

Once again, I've used the Sweet Sunday Sketch for inspiration and selected coordinating papers to highlight my apple basket.  The card is a 5-1/4" square of cherry cobbler cardstock and the patterned paper is from a K & Company pad designed by Tim Coffey.


Would you like to see how I finished off the inside? ...


...no sentiment on the inside,
but a strip of coordinating designer paper
 zig zag stitched to the bottom.

I'm reading an excellent book titled "The Help" and I'm anxious to get back to reading it.  Have you read it or seen the movie yet?  I hear the movie is good too, but I would rather not see it until after I read the book.

It has been a couple weeks since I've shared a photo of my precious little granddaughter.  I can't believe she'll already be 2 months old next Monday!  I miss her soooo much, but I'm thankful that my daughter sends me a photo every day and we Skype on the weekends too.  ♥  Here is adorable Miss Emery Jude modeling one of her little Heather Brown onesies . . . ;)



Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate your visits and your comments!
Have a wonderful week, my friends!   Smiles,



Quote for Today ~
If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas. ~George Bernard Shaw

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Fabulously coloured image and a great card. Love the plaid DP in the BG. Darling pic of your grand daughter. Technology definitely helps shrink the miles :)

Melissa Rodgers said...

This is wonderful Pam!! The apples look so real, so yummy. Sweet baby girl. Hugs, Melissa

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love the apple card!! and the "apple of your eye"....she's a doll!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card, and of course, the baby steals the show!

Gail S. said...

Really cute card today, Pam. I am ready for fall (temp. on the bank sign outside currently says 101 degrees) Your little Emery is a sweetie and the book "The Help" is wonderful!! I can't wait to see the movie - coming to Broken Bow next week!!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a pretty card. I love the rich colors.

Lu Holt said...

I love this card Pam. Fall is my favorite time of year! I love the thought of apples picked fresh from the orchard ready to eat.
Miss Emery Jude is fabulously darling!!!! Don't you want to kiss those chubby cheeks!!

Lu Holt said...

PS Love your apple quote!!!