June 21, 2011

{SSSC122} Patriotic Paper Fashions


Believe it or not we are half way through June already and the 4th of July is just around the corner!  If you're looking for a patriotic stamp set, you'll love this new digital set by Paper Fashions, Etc.


Just look at all these great images!  All for only $7.95!

The layout I used for today's card is from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  I'm not sure how she comes up with these terrific designs week after week, but she does!  Here it is if you want to try it too . . .

And a better view of the front of my card. . .


This is a standard 5-1/2 x 4-1/4" card using night of navy cardstock for the base.  I've layered on this collage americana designer paper by The Paper Studio.  The heart is a pre-colored digital image that I have printed on natural ivory cardstock.  The circle behind the heart is crumb cake stamped with a "weathered" background stamp and distressed.  The banner piece behind is cherry cobbler wrapped up with some brown and white bakers twine.   A little machine stitching all around and a star button to finish it off!   
the inside...finished to coordinate with the front.
The Happy 4th of July sentiment is a $1 M's stamp from my stash.

As I'm typing this post this evening, we are in a tornado warning and I'm downstairs listening to the radio and watching the radar on the computer.  With all the severe and devastating weather around the country this year, we are taking this much more serious than we usually do.  Hopefully, it won't amount to anything, but you never know.   I'm production coordinator for a steel company and we've started to see some Joplin, Mo rebuild projects coming through.   Our hearts really go out to that community...such a sad loss of lives and property!  

Now it sounds like all the rain is causing flash floods and that isn't good either.   Have you heard about the Missouri River flooding in Nebraska and Iowa?  And I guess it could be affecting other states as well.  I'm not sure.  The photos I've seen are unbelievable.

Ok, I'm rambling.  Back to my card... this was created for Paper Fashions, Etc.  Please stop by and check out all they have to offer.  Not only digital stamps, but other great paper elements too. For additional ideas and inspiration be sure to view the gallery while you're there! 

Thanks so much for blogging by.  Have a GREAT day!




Quote for Today ~

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous card, Pam! LOVE that heart and just the whole vintage feel of your card!

Julie said...

Hi Pam! What a lovely card! I love the patriotic colors!

Diane Noble said...

Pam, once again you've done an outstanding job!!! What a gorgeous card! So rich...just yummy! Diane Noble

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a fabulous patriotic card! Love it!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

wonderful! I love anything Patriotic!

Gail S. said...

Beautiful card, Pam! I love "Americana"!! Hope you didn't get any severe weather your way last night. It looked like we were going to get some of the Amherst, Elm Creek stuff but it went more east of us. We have been lucky...so far...just rain. Take care and keep crafting :)

Marisa said...

This is fabulous, Pam! Love the wooden heart with the twine and patriotic theme. Stay safe!!

CreativeMish said...

Beautiful card. I must go check out their images

Melissa Rodgers said...

Oh my gosh Pam this is so awesome. I had a great time designing this set and you have so brought it to life with your card. Thanks!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this Pam!! So vintage and so YOU!!!!! Great card!