April 03, 2011

Making Baby Thank You Cards Today!

Yesterday, my daughter Katie asked me if I would make a few baby thank you cards for her.  She isn't due until July so she's giving me plenty of notice, but I couldn't resist jumping on the idea!  And I just happened to have the cute little Baby Tees jumbo wheel out from yesterday, so that is what I used!   What do you think?


You know me, I *really* wanted to add some stitching and buttons, but when you're making 25-30 to mail, SIMPLICITY is best!   The most time consuming thing about making these will be cutting out all the little onsies to paper piece.  I know I could just color it with markers, but I like the layered look and dimension it gives to the simple design.   And to embellish...I've wrapped it up with some of my chocolate brown & white bakers twine!  Love this stuff!  ♥

In case you missed my earlier post, I bought a lifetime supply and will be selling it in my Etsy Shop.  Either that, or just email me and I'll send you a paypal invoice.  It's only 2.50 for 25 yards!  I've got chocolate brown/white and also black/white.    It's awesome to work with! 


There will be an assortment of pink and lavendar ...all with the chocolate chip brown accents.  The ink is early espresso.   

Just thought I would share these in case any of you are looking for a simple design for thank yous, baby announcements, etc.    Color me *excited* to become a GRANDMA!!  ♥

Thank you for blogging by today!  Have a warm and wonderful Sunday!


Quote for Today ~
Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. ~Welsh Proverb

7 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

Hi Pam!!! These baby thank yous are wonderful!!! Love them!!

Marisa said...

How exciting :) You get to be a grandmother! Congrats. Love the darling thank you notes.

Lynn Put said...

How exciting that you're going to be a Grandma, congrats!!! These are so adorable Pam! Love these little onsies!

Karen said...

Hi Pam!

Just wanted to tell you that I think these little Thank You's are PERFECT! Simplicity is definitely best when you have to post them!

Karen
x

Susan G said...

What we Grandmas won't do! Love your cards--especially the pink one. I just finished 35 thank yous, and now I'm making 35 announcements. I'm using the Baby Tees wheel, too. I'm planning to isolate one of the onesies and emboss and paper piece. I may change my mind quickly once I'm into the project! Wish those dots weren't in the background.

Gail S. said...

Cuper cute! I love the little "onesies"! I see pink and lavender.....does this mean a g*i*r*l ?????

Random Memories said...

These are adorable!!! Congrats on your future grandbaby!!!