February 01, 2009

Ingenious Punch Storage!


Check this out!

Thanks to my sweet DIL Jami's brilliant suggestion, we have converted a CD rack into my new punch storage rack! This was built by my son several years ago for all his CD's. Somehow I had acquired it and had been using it to display some of my smiley collection mugs, etc. When Jami was moving all my things around, she came up with this idea. MW cut a few more dividers and now my punches are all stored here. There are four sides and I have 3/4 of this full already. Thankfully, there will be room for a few more because I want to order the new Stampin Up 3-heart punch! :)
Jami organized all the shapes together, but I may still label the front of the punches or put a clear label next to them on the wood. Did I mention this spins around? Yes! Very COOL!

Now, I'm getting especially anxious to get my new stamping room organized. I sit here looking around and have a zillion ideas running through my head. Not being able to move around without the walker is limiting my options on what I can do, but I have sorted my paper scraps, colored some images and I'm working on sweet-talking MW into hanging my stamp shelves today. He has to play hard-to-get, you know? :)


That's all for today. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! Whether or not you're a football fan, you've got to admit it's fun to watch the commercials and enjoy the game snacks. May the best team win! :)
Smiles,


Word for Today ~
(from my nephew Jon)
chillaxin'
Combination of the words chillin' and relaxing, something you do on the weekend with friends. Synonyms: hanging out, relaxing
Quote for Today ~
"Weekends don't pay as well as weekdays but at least there's football." ~S.A. Sachs

8 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh wow...that will work so nice and be so easy to get to all your punches...lucky you!

Cindi said...

I love your new punch storage!! and how nice it leaves you room for a few new ones.
:)

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

What a fantastic idea! I love this! This is the spinning type of CD holder, isn't it? What could be more convenient? Great idea.

Deborah March said...

What an utterly FABULOUS idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

A great idea Pam!

But once you fill it you won't be able to get to the stamps around the back ..... ;-)

That's when you'll have to put a rotating wheel underneath it - so you can spin it around to get any stamp you want!!!

:-) sue :-) :-)
always smiling :-)

CreativeMish said...

OMG This is fabulous! I've been going through all of my CD's to so sell them at a local music store and I have a CD rack almost just like this! Fabulous!

SmilynStef said...

What a fabulous idea to house those stamps ... I love it ... thanks for stopping by my blog.

Stamp and Smile said...

I'm LOVEING this idea!! TFS and again you have a super cool DIL.. she's a keeper! :)