September 15, 2008

How Many Fingers are You?



Isn't this a funny stamp? I purchased it for half price this summer and finally had a chance yesterday to ink it up and create a few silly birthday cards. My inspiration for the layout came from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. Her sketch was just the spark I need to get started again.

Don't you think this whimsical designer paper is appropriate for the childish image? I did some random stitching around the edges and attached the cutout circle and flower with dimensionals.

My friend Michele's mom celebrates her 80th birthday this week so I'm sending this to her. I think it will make her smile, don't you? :) I sure hope she doesn't think I'm being a wiseacre! LoL

It is such a pleasure to be creating again. Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Your comments inspire me!

Happy Day! ~ Pam :)

Quote for Today ~ "If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old." ~Tom Stoppard

Word for Today ~ wiseacre \WY-zay-kuhr\, noun: One who pretends to knowledge or cleverness; a would-be wise person; a smart aleck.

Supplies ~ Stamps: Inkadinkado, Paper: Stampin Up chocolate chip, cool caribbean. Patterned paper by The Paper Studio. Random stitching with Janome Sew Mini.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This card is adorable. So glad you're back!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Hee hee hee. . .that is ADORABLE! LOVE that sentiment!