February 27, 2008

River Rock Color Challenge!

The Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge this week is to use River Rock, Basic Black and Whisper White. Honestly, I don't think I would have participated, but I started seeing all the *gorgeous* cards using this color combo and knew I had to try it too! This is probably the first time I've used River Rock and I *love* the classy look of it with black and white.

Sadly, I was in need of a supply of sympathy cards so that's what I made tonight. This was a very simple card that came together quickly because I used Beate's Weekend Sketch again for the layout. The card is a standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2". I stamped the front of the card with the linen background stamp and river rock ink. On top of that I layered another piece of river rock stamped with the filigree background stamp.

The sentiment is stamped and embossed on white cardstock that I cut out and embossed with a rectangle Nestibilities die. The flowers are stamped over the sentiment lightly with river rock ink. And can you believe how well this ribbon matches the paper? It's one of those $1.99 spools from Hobby Lobby that I probably bought when they were 50% off. I had no idea at the time that it was "river rock" in disquise! :)

I hope you're all having a great week so far. Thanks so much for stopping by! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~
(inside sentiment stamp) "May you have comfort in each happy memory and in the assurance of Heaven."

Supply List ~
Stamps: Stampin Up - linen background, filigree background, Happy Harmony; My Sentiments Exactly S146-10; Morning Star Stamps-inside sentiment (see quote)
Paper: Stampin Up - basic black, whisper white, river rock
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, clear detailed embossing powder, Stampin Up River Rock
Other: black eyelets, ribbonFX (faux river rock) ribbon, rectangle Nestibilities die

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I can see using this for many occasions.

Alexandra said...

Very elegant and beautiful Pam! Totally love that ribbon too - what a great find! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Tami Bayer said...

this is so classy. Love your layout and color choices and the beautiful sentiments.

Heather Grow said...

Very pretty.

beate said...

I am sorry you had to make sympathy cards. The card turned out beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Sharon in NE said...

Such a lovely card. The inside sentiment is wonderful.

chelemom said...

This is gorgeous!!! It will be appreciated greatly I am sure.

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely card. Hope you don't mind if i case it.
smallcity

Jennifer said...

Such elegance! Absolutely beautiful!

Jennifer :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Pam, this is simply gorgeous! Yowza!

Nancy Riley said...

Pam, this sympathy card is gorgeous. You nailed the color and sketch challenges ... extremely well done!