August 01, 2007

Summer FUN Tent Topper!



Tonight it was late when I finally got a chance to sit down at my craft table. I had no idea what I was going to do, other than I wanted to use this adorable little smiley bee that I had colored last weekend.

I've been seeing these "tent topper" cards on some of the blogs and decided to give it a try. I had no dimensions or instructions, so just improvised. Next time, I will make the bottom a smidg taller. This one is 4-1/4 x 3-3/4". The image piece is 2-1/2 x 3". My cardstock is Stampin' Up! Marigold Morning and Chocolate Chip.

I created my own background paper using the summer words template from The Stamp Shack. It's a pdf file and I just printed it directly onto my patterned paper. This paper had the little suns and I added the centers with a small circle stamp and close to cocoa ink. The flower is an EK Success punch that I put through the Cuttlebug using the mesh embossing folder. The center is a 1/2 circle punch from the background paper...with a brown brad. (attached with a dimensional)

If you like this card design, you may want to search "tent topper" on Splitcoaststampers and you will be surprised at all the clever and creative cards!

Thanks for stopping by! Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer." ~ Albert Camus

12 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Ooooh! I get to be the first to comment! I really like this card! I love visiting your blog on a daily basis! You are one talented lady!

Melissa said...

How fun and so cute!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

This is darling and what a fun surprise and treat it would be to open this card and see this style of layout! CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

A really great summer card!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful card, Pam. I like everything about this. I, too, have been wanting to try this tent topper card after seeing it on SCS. I haven't taken the time to download from SS and after seeing your card, I'll go check it out. The download is perfect for your card.

Unknown said...

Well...every single detail is just fabulous! The background you printed is awesome, and I love the brown Cuttlebugged flower. Your coloring is perfect...as always. Great card, my friend!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card, the background paper, the flower, the colors and of course that adorable bee.

Momsnack said...

Clever background! I want to try it.
Nancy S

Sharon in NE said...

You created your own background paper. Oh my...you are just so talented. Pearl U. says HI! I deliver meals on wheels and get to see her all the time. She's still smiling!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable, Pam! I LOVE what you've done with these bees!

Alex said...

That is so cute Pam - I love those bees! Very fun card - TFS!

Far North said...

I agree this is a great way to use the printed word background! I just got that new embossing folder you have inspired me with this great texture! Tfs...jan