December 03, 2011

{cQc #113} Believe!



It's beginning to look at lot like Christmas here in Nebraska today!  Yes, the fluffy white stuff is coming down and blanketing the ground in beauty.   I say that only because I'm able to stay indoors and view it from the warmth of my craft room. ;)

Look at this beautiful color palette and inspiration photo for the Colour Q Challenge this week!  And the cards and scrapbook layouts by Arielle's cQc Royal Court Design Team are incredible!  I really love the color blue and shades that blend such as these.  Pretty Pretty!


My card is a 5-1/4" square using sahara sand as the base.  The nativity stamp is one I purchased last year at Archivers and never used.  Imagine that!  ;)   It's a cling rubber set by Stampendous and comes with a large "Believe" in script letters. I used that stamp on the back of the envelope as it just didn't fit on the card with this layout.   (Cling Sacred Believe Set CRS2037) 


You probably can't tell by the photo, but the nativity has been stamped in night of navy and clear embossed for texture and shine.  Then I added little teeny tiny rhinestones to the star and larger ones in upper right corner.   The little believe tag was printed on the computer and punched out with an oval punch.  I tied it to the big shimmery bow with some silver thread.
 

The inside sentiment is one of my favorites.  Jesus is the Reason for the Season!  Yes, He is~!


This is a stamp by The Stamp Pad Co, Inc. Big Lake, MN.  Have you ever heard of them?  I think I bought it second hand several years ago or it may be one I got in a swap with my friends from the Stamp Shack.  

Well, hubby is home now and we're going to have homemade vegetable beef soup for dinner.  So easy to make and soooo delicious on a day like this!   After dinner we need to go over our Christmas shopping list.  He's been buying for our son and son-in-law and I've been shopping for the girls and my precious grandbaby.  So, it's time we do an inventory and see if we're done or not.  Probably not!  ;)  I'm trying to be frugal this year, but it's easy to get caught up in the shopping madness and forget the real meaning of the Season.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Wishing you JOY * PEACE * LOVE today and always!  ♥

Quote for Today ~
Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale

11 comments:

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

Happy Winter Pam! it is very white here too. We got the tree up and will decorate tomorrow. i've been busy cutting kits for CHA.

I love your card and the stitching.

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, Pam! So serene & peaceful....and glad you could play with the CQC this week. I am with you on the "frugal" thing---but it IS hard!

Marisa said...

Great take on the CQ! You have used the colours fabulously and the image is great! Wonderfully done. Happy shopping :)

CreativeMish said...

This is so pretty! I love the color combo and that stamp set is great. We haven't gotten any snow this year. Last year I remember going bazaar hopping the first Saturday in Dec and it was Blizzarding and slick icy roads.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Pam! Love how you used the colors, the embossing is a fabulous touch. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely, lovely card.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

Beautiful card Pam! Love that ribbon so fabulous.

xo, Marian

Wendy said...

Beautiful card,love everything about it.

Wanda Cullen said...

Pam, you're card is gorgeous! I have that set and have only inked it up twice! You've inspired me to get it out again! P.S. You keep all that snow in Nebraska and don't be sending any of it to the east! LOL!

Megan said...

Hi Pam,

It's not too late! I haven't been getting your email, nor can I find your email. I just need your snail mail addy so I can put them in the mail--then you'll have your prize! If you leave another comment with your email or email me again at meganlockdesigns@yahoo.com, that'd be GREAT!

Megan

Lynn Put said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful Pam! I love how this pretty image is set into a frame and heat embossed! And your bow with tag sentiment looks wonderful!