October 02, 2010

Happy World Card Making Day! with "It's a Girl!"

Happy Happy World Card Making to all of YOU...
my dear blog readers!

This sweet little baby girl card was created especially for my boss and his wife who just had a beautiful baby girl named Madisyn Alexis.  Isn't that a pretty name?

I had fun coloring this cute image to coordinate with the pink plaid designer paper that has been in my stash for-ever!  I stamped several of these images a few years ago before giving away the stamp so I can't even tell you who made it, but the paper is by Bo Bunny Press. 

The card is a 5-1/4" square of regal rose.  The inside sentiment is another oldie stamp by PSX.  You may not be able to tell by the photos, but I've added some dazzling diamonds glitter to the flowers on the front and the stars inside.  It adds some sweet sparkle! ♥


Inside the card, I enclosed a Target gift card and this baby keepsake card...


First I had to go to the bank and get a roll of 2010 pennies because I didn't have one.  What is funny is that I got home and opened the roll and the only one that was 2010 was the one on top!  Oh well, I only needed one for this and the rest will spend.  : )    The "keepsake" stamp is one I got from a recent estate sale.  On the side of the stamp, it reads "copyright 2001 Peddler's Pack, Beaverton, OR".   I just Googled it, and was surprised to see they have a website!   How come I've never heard of them before?!

Back to how I created the enclosure card.... I punched the scalloped circle out of the white layer and attached a small piece of clear acetate to the back.  Then I punched the circle from the regal rose piece and did the same thing.  This way you can see the front and the backside of the penny.  Both pieces are then stitched together.  If I was to make another, I would figure out a way to finish the back so my stitching doesn't show. 

What are your plans for the weekend??  I hope you get a chance to stamp it up and celebrate World Card Making Day!   Enjoy!!







Quote for Today ~
Babies are such a nice way to start people. ~Don Herrold

5 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so cute! what a special card Pam. Hey, I don't live too far from Peddlers Pack!

Marisa said...

Darling card, Pam! Loving the pink on pink :)

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so pretty in pink Pam!

Anonymous said...

My favorite Peddlers Pack stamp is Leaf Background - it's huge - but stamp it, emboss in gold and color in with adirondacks and boy, do you have a to die for card front for fall!
Zanne

Tami Bayer said...

This is such a lovely treasure to include in a baby card, Pam. Thanks for sharing the stamp info and how you made the keepsake card.