October 08, 2009

10 Minute Medallion Card!

The new "Medallion" background stamp by Stampin' Up! is *perfect* for quickly creating a card that's ready to give in 10 minutes or less! I've seen many beautiful variations that have great detail, but this one is super simple!

I've inked the entire stamp with Stampin' Up in-color crushed curry and then "double dipped" the edges in dusty durango. There is a name for this technique, but it's not coming to me at the moment! :) I stamped the image again in dusty durango, cut out the center, attached the clear button with embroidery thread and layered it on top of the card with dimensionals. Easy peasy!

What do you think? Is it too plain? Does it need ribbon, glitter or a brad or two?


How's your week going? Mine has gone FAST and I'm *happy* tomorrow is FRIDAY! Yes! I live for my weekends and time to do as I please! I really want to spend some time learning how to use the new digital software by Stampin' Up! ~ My Digital Studio. The little bit I've played with it, I am SO impressed! It's *amazing* what it can do!!!

Thanks for dropping in today! Smiles 2 U!


~ Quote for Today ~
Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.
Erma Bombeck

4 comments:

Crystal said...

This is sooooo pretty, love your medallion!!!

Dawn said...

Love this, the gradient around the edge just makes it "pop"!

CreativeMish said...

Fabulous! I've been drooling over this stamp every time I look at the book!

Margaret Moody said...

This is so pretty, Pam! Leave it just like it is! It needs nothing else! Perfection!