September 27, 2008

A Little Birdie Told Me . . .

. . . it's your birthday!

Two of my stamping buddies ~ Jason & Karmen ~ celebrated their birthdays this week and this is the card that I made for each of them. I hope it made them SMILE! :)

I love this set and had to have it, but I've used it very little so far. It is appropriately named "A Little Birdie Told Me" by Stampin' Up! The designer paper is also by SU but I don't see it in the new catalog so it must be discontinued. The little birdie is paper-pieced with a coordinating blue polka dot paper.

Today was a fun and busy day. First, I walked along with our company float in the local parade and handed out freebies and candy. There were many community bands and floats and it was simply a perfectly beautiful autumn day for a parade.

After that, my sweet DIL Jami came out to "play". {yes, she is the one who has neglected her blog "Crazy Daisy Creations" even more than I have neglected mine!} Jami brought out some fleece material and we made two cozy Nebraska Husker blankets for her niece and nephew. I didn't think to take photos until just now. Maybe I can convince her to take some and post on her blog. :) By the way, if you're wondering what Jami is doing these days...she's busy with her student teaching. Hopefully, she'll find time to share a few of her cute kindergarten experiences with you soon. She's got some funny stories! :) After we made the blankets, we did a little cooking and made snacks for the Husker football game that was on TV tonight. From that we went to jewelry making. No kidding! Jami has made some awesome bracelets and earrings for me in the past and I've been wanting her to show me how she does it. Tomorrow, I'll post photos of the two bracelets that I made today. I think they turned out quite well for a beginner, but then I had an excellent teacher! :) Oh, I forgot to mention that we made a quick trip into town because Hobby Lobby had beads half price and I wanted my own supplies. Seriously, I can't afford another hobby, but I really enjoyed this and may very well be hooked. Yikes!

Well, it's getting late so that's all for tonight. I have some terrific new patterned papers I want to use and hope to do a little stamping tomorrow.

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

pescbrico said...

Pam, this is a really cute card! I'm glad to see you back again :)

pescbrico said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Sounds like you and Jami had a blast! How cool! Adorable card!

Anonymous said...

Terry/scrappinnuts said:
Pam so happy to see you making your wonderful cards again... I love this fall card and Fall paper...this is a must have for me. Fall is my favorite season and my favorite colors. Although in California we don't get as many of the wonderful colors I love to travel this time of year to find the different places with the wonderful colors. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.