March 16, 2008

See the Flowers Smiling! {WSC39}

Happy Weekend Everyone!
Gotta love our weekends, that's for sure! Especially when there is time to do as you please and stamp it up to your hearts content. That's just what I'm doing today! And here is one of the cards I made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #39. Please be sure to check out Beate's terrific blog ~ "Fresh & Fun" and see all the other cards using this sketch. They're amazing and can give you so many fantastic ideas!

The base of this card is Stampin Up naturals ivory cardstock. The patterned paper is one of my all-time favorites from Basic Grey. I've layered ands stitched it onto wild wasabi.
This sentiment is from a Hero Arts Clear Design set titled "Happiness Messages".
Can you see the smiley face brass brad in the middle of the flower? I've had these for a few years and think I bought them on eBay. It just seemed to work on this card. :) The flower juxtaposed to the sentiment is two layers of barely banana cardstock punched with the Stampin Up flower punch. I've used a light yellow extra large eyelet (We R Memory Keepers) and tied the stitched wild wasabi ribbon through it and around the flowered layer. The sentiment and the flower are mounted on SU dimensionals. The distressing is done with a sponge and Tim Holtz tea dye distress ink.

It's rather cold today, but I've got my heater on and I'm enjoying the thought of SPRING just around the corner! I'm happy you blogged by and I hope this card made you SMILE!
Happy Stamping! ~ Pam :)

Quote for Today ~
Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock. ~Henry Ward Beecher, Star Papers: A Discourse of Flowers

Word of the Day ~
juxtapose (v.) place next to, put side by side, compare, oppose

I asked hubby if he knew what "juxtapose" meant and he said it sounded like a sexual position. :) LoL

3 comments:

Alex said...

Oooh, how pretty this card is Pam! I love that paper you used and the stitching looks marvelous! Very, very pretty! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Pam! You blow me away with all of your creations! Thanks for always trying out the sketches!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

I like learning new words, i learned one last week, but can't say on here. Love your card.
smallcity