September 02, 2007

Flowers in Chintz { Lockhart Stamp & Plastic Wrap Technique! }

Happy Labor Day Weekend to all my special blogging friends!
I hope you're enjoying yourselves and finding a little creative time just for YOU!


The image on today's card is "Flowers in Chintz" by Karen Lockhart. I've had this rubber stamp since I took her class last fall in Sioux Falls, SD and this is the first time I've used it! I'm not sure what I was waiting for because I really enjoyed coloring it. The frame around the bouquet is part of the image and then I trimmed it so you wouldn't see any white cardstock. Then I layered it with Stampin Up cardstock - So Saffron and More Mustard. The blue patterned paper is one from my "stash" and I have no idea where I got it or who makes it. I thought the design went well with the blue "chintz" pitcher.

The "thinking of you" sentiment is from Stampin Up set "Circle of Friendship". I've punched it out with my 1" scalloped Martha Stewart punch and layered with 1-1/4" circle.

I'm not sure that you can tell in this photo, but I've tried a new background technique for a creative team challenge at the Stamp Shack. On the so safron piece of cardstock that has the ribbon tied around it and on the sentiment circle, I used more mustard ink and the "Plastic Wrap Background Technique". All you do is take about a 12-16 inch piece of plastic wrap. Wad it up making a small ball. Use it like a stamp, tapping it onto inkpad and stamping onto paper. Repeat process to get the desired coverage. How *COOL* is that!? And to think of all the $$ I've spent on background stamps! : /

You should see the MESS I've got here! And not because of the plastic wrap! :) I was just looking around my room and there is barely an inch of open desktop...and I have THREE desks in here!! Looks like I better do a little cleaning and organizing before I start my next project. I've got another circle journal here for a swap that's due next week. Once I get started, I really enjoy these, but I tend to stress over it first!

My sweet DIL Jami called early this morning and said our son Andy is officially on his way to CHINA! I asked him Friday if he was excited or nervous and he said "a little of both". He has been traveling quite a bit lately for business, but usually in the United States! We were all asking him to bring us back a souvenir, but he is not a shopper, so we'll see. :) I wonder what they have for rubber stamping and cardmaking shops over there??? Did you know ... he flies from Omaha to Chicago to Shanghai and it's about a 20 hr flight. Also, he flies west over the Pacific Ocean. I didn't even know this! I think I need a globe...or a Geography class! LoL

Ok, I better get busy around here. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! By the way, I *love* your comments and appreciate them so much! YOU inspire me! Hugs & Smiles, Pam :)

Quote for Today ~

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to all living things, man will not find peace." - Albert Schweitzer

6 comments:

pescbrico said...

I love your coloring that matches the blue background and the job you have done on the yellow part. Great card!

Unknown said...

You always do such a fabulous job of coloring. And I love that background technique on the yellow layer. Great card! (And I hope you can sleep tonight after all that blog surfing last night in the wee hours!) :-)

K Hutchinson said...

This is so beautiful! Love the color combo! I spend to many nights surfing blogs too...he he he!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a gorgeous card, Pam. I love the colors! So brilliant!

Alex said...

gorgeous card Pam and your coloring just amazes me! I love that stamp, the flowers are very pretty. *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful work